Simulation vs Observation of Solar Wind LENAs
Simulations of SWLENA Spinograms
- Flux computed along line of sight from s/c to 50 RE to create image every 2 minutes.
- Images collapsed to orbit plane, laid up as strips.
- Upper Panel: sun in FOV
- Lower Panel: sun beyond FOV
- Observations of SWLENAs as Spinograms
- Flux measured by IMAGE LENA imager, at 2 minute time spacing.
- Images are collapsed to orbit plane, laid up as strips vs. time.
- Upper panel: sun in FOV
- Lower panel: sun beyond FOV
After Collier, Fok et al., JGR, in review, 2001.