The IMAGE ground system support functions include:
- Spacecraft planning and scheduling
- Operations through commanding and evaluation of spacecraft housekeeping, performance and orbit/attitude data
- Instrument planning, scheduling, evaluation of instrument housekeeping and performance
- Operations of the space-to-ground communications links
- Operations of all ground segments for data acquisition, relay and processing
- Science data processing, product generation, product storage and investigator access
- Management scheduling and evaluation of all the above activities.