Wideband Imaging Camera (WIC)
The Wideband Imaging Camera is designed to image the whole Earth and the auroral oval from above 4 Re
Spectral range is between 140 nm and 160 nm in the ultraviolet part of the auroral spectrum.
The WIC Characteristics are summarized below:
- A curved image intensifier is optically coupled to a CCD and the optics provides a field of view of 17x17 degrees.
- Spectral range 140-160 nm
- Resolution elements of less than 0.1 degrees
- Temporal resolution 120 seconds
- 256 x 256 pixels (less than 100 km spatial resolution at apogee)
- Goal sensitivity 100 Rayleighs in final image