1. In your own words, describe the solar storm and its results.
2. What is the meaning of the quote 'This is the first time a solar event has been captured from cradle to grave" ?
3. What was the cost of the Telstar 401 satellite?
4. The satellite was insured for $145 million. For what percent of the original cost was the satellite insured?
5. The satellite was launched in ............. and was designed to operate for ............ years. What would that cost breakdown per year be, assuming that the value of the satellite decreased by 10 % the first year, 9% the second year, and 8% the third year? Remember, the satellite was launched in 1993, therefore for this case, year one will be 1994.
6. Why would we not include 1997 in the cost breakdown?
7. The CME cloud was traveling at a speed of I million mph, how far was the cloud after Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4? Explain what you think will happen when it reaches th Earth.
8. What do you think about solar storms and their impact on you in the future?