Student Work Sheet
- What is the main idea of the reading selection?
- What conclusions can you draw from the article?
- What new information did you learn?
- In your own words, summarize the trouble to electrical installations that
can be caused by aurora in the polar regions.
- The science of studying the sun and the aurora is a complex process where
some ideas may change while other ideas remain supported by new data. From the
article, cite an example of each of these kinds of knowledge .Identify ideas
that have changed and show how this was accomplished.
- How might an astronaut describe viewing the aurora as seen from above the
- Color the map as you would expect it to appear from space using what you
have learned from the article.