What are the main scientific objectives of the mission?
The IMAGE satellite was designed to provide new insights to the following
questions in space physics:
- How is plasma injected into the magnetosphere during magnetic storms and
- How does the magnetosphere get changed by its interaction with the solar
- How are the plasmas within the magnetosphere accelerated?
- How are the plasmas transported from place to place within the
- What processes causes magnetospheric plasmas to be lost from the system
during storms and sub-storms?
Return to the IMAGE home page.
Return to Ask The Space Scientist